Birthday: May 20th ,1990

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Date Sent AUGUST 9th 2010

          WEEK 43 ..... REEDLEY, CALIFORNIA
Hola my amigos  y familia!
Ok so this week has been a week of well, Miracles. I know that I keep saying it but it's true. Miracles are happening left right and centre. During the week we were having a hard time finding and teaching people, but we pressed forward and as we were diligent and doing all we needed to the Lord was able to bless us. We have seen so many great things happen this week.
For instance on Saturday we were able to finally teach one of the referrals we received from the bishop. it's a 10 year old that has not been baptized and so we were able to go over and talk with the parents and they said that they weren't sure when we could have the baptism maybe some time in September or something like that. Needless to say I was happy that we got an amazingly solid investigator but sad that we weren't going to be able to do it for August. Oh right I should give some back ground to that. So we have the goal this month to baptize 2 in August because the mission has the goal to have 200 this month as a mission! We are all stepping up for this challenge and we had to amazing people with this potential, the 10 year old and another investigator Lupita who will be baptized on the 21st. So we were sad but we keep praying for miracles and so it comes to Sunday night and we did a spilt to divide and conquer our area.
Ok so this is Sunday now , we had an amazing miracle in getting 2 new investigators the day before and it brought us over to the D-day of miracles! We were able to teach up in the Sequoias that day and were able to get a new investigator with amazing potential and that will most likely be baptized by the end of the month if not the beginning of September. Then as we came home we spilt and I went to work with Brother Ayers and Elder Christensen went to work with Brother Phillips. He went to our set appointments and I went to see recent converts and less actives. Basically an awesome Spanish filled night. When we got home and compared what we had done my mind was blown as he said that the Aguilars (the 10 years parents) had talked it over and want her to be baptized on the 28th of august!
As we were able to pray in faith to the Lord ,He delivered to us an amazing gift and we are now on track to reach our goal and to help the mission reach it's goal. Were all pulling for 200! We can do it, this month will be an amazing month of miracles and we will take this momentum for August and push forward to the end of the year and reach our gaols for 1200! I know that we can do this. We just have to be humble and diligent and just keep fighting.
I realize alot of the time we are fighting a seemingly un-winnable battle but the Savour gives us words of council by saying. "come unto my all ye that labour and that are heavy laden and I will give you rest." When we give our troubles to him we have the strength to press forward. I know that it's only through him that we can do all things, we will win. There is no question about it. We are going to win the only thing that is up to us is to choose which side we are going to follow.
Obedience is the key. Thanks mom and dad so much for teaching me all of this in my youth, you have always been the greatest examples for good in my mortal life. I am so blessed and grateful for you righteous service to the Lord. I know that we will all live together as a forever family. And I promise on my honour as a servant of the Lord that Vovo's coming with us mom, he's coming all the way home.
Thank you for all you love and prayers!
Love Elder Jason A. Glowa

No comments:

Post a Comment