Birthday: May 20th ,1990

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Date sent AUGUST 23rd 2010

          WEEK 45 ...... REEDLEY, CALIFORNIA


Hello Everyone,
So this week we have been able to see an amazing miracle, we had a baptism last night! It was amazing I got to baptize a 10 year old named Jazzleen and it was so amazing, you can truly feel the spirit at baptisms. The ward has really wrapped there arms around the Aguilar family and has welcome them in with open hearts. I'm so grateful for all the things that I am able to see as a missionary.
So we got transfer call this past Saturday and something awesome has happened! Elder Christensen and I are staying together! And he is the new district leader! So this means that again I am a district leaders companion, it's funny because last transfer was the only transfer that I had as a normal missionary. It was really funny but at the sometime kinda weird, I don't know I guess I've been spoiled or something because I would go on alot of exchanges and talk to the zone leaders whenever I wanted, but last transfer is was kinda weird to basically just be normal. I guess being normal for me really isn't normal. Ha , that's awesome, normal isn't normal for Elder Glowa and when you think about it that's kinda always been true. With going to different schools, liking super heroes and cartoons till this very day. It's funny to think about it.
Something else that's crazy is that by the beginning of next transfer I will have been on my mission for a whole year. Dad, why didn't you tell me time would go this fast, it's hard because I want to keep going but I don't want time to move forward. It's a weird little paradox I'm in. Anyway that's all the basic stuff I have been dealing with on the side the past week. My companion and I have good and deep conversations about him leaving and how it's alright that it's a natural part of life. I'm glad he isn't turnkey, and that we can talk openly about anything.
Ok so my week has been lots of running around getting ready for the baptism we had and this week it will be the same. We are having a baptism this Sunday for Amanda Harris and it is so amazing. It's a great problem to have busy with baptisms! I love it. So this week we are having the interview and also getting the program ready and doing all we can to make sure all is well and taken care of. And on top of that we have something called special op's this week end. It's were the stake gets the priest age young men and the missionaries in the zone get mini missionaries for 3 days! I am so happy, its going to be really fun and exciting.
This week blew by really fast and all because we had meetings and team ups and appointments galore. It was awesome we blinked and its was Saturday and basically the two wards we cover have been praying for me and Elder Chrsitensen to stay together. So I have learned that Heavenly Father answers prayers, if you get enough people praying for the same thing. Ok that last line was a joke. I have learned on my mission that whatever happens it is alright. Elder Wood and I (my district leader from last transfer) came up with the simple phrase, "come what may". As we all understand that no matter what happens we are in God's hands, as long as we stay obedient  we can all say "come what may" because we know that it is His will.
To finish up I heard a really good quote yesterday in a talk that was the motto of one of the Ireland missions. " Until you can say I am my master, you cannot say I am thy servant". I'm trying to really apply that and I can't wait to get out and work at the end of the day to talk to everyone and see our investigators shining faces.
Thank you so much for your love and prayers, they give me alot of strength. Remember that in God we trust and come what may!
Love Elder Jason A. Glowa

No comments:

Post a Comment