Birthday: May 20th ,1990

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Elder Glowa answers some question we asked ( FINALLY !!)


WEEK 54 ...........Reedley , California !!!


Hola from cooling and beautiful Reedley California!
Alright well we had to do a missionary survey so time is running down I think I have like 20 mins or so but anyway I will start by answering all your questions then I'll go into describing my week.
How was your week-end ?
-My week-end was really good we had our Halloween party and a great miracle, we had our ward Halloween party which was really fun but the best part was that we had investigators there! David Cassandra and Elizabeth. It was so amazing , there were games and a spooky haunted house. Our investigators had a great time. Then at the end of the night there was a trunker treat. It was cool its like trick or treating but from trunks of cars, and of course Elder Illu and I put our heads together and came up with the coolest thing ever! We carved a pumpkin and got dry ice and made our trunk all freaky with the fog and a glowing pumpkin. It was great fun and laughts was had by all and of course we had to dress up so we put on sunglasses and went as the MIB! DON'T WORRY MOM I HAVE PICTURES OF THE MAIN POINTS OF THE EVENT.
Did your investigators come to church?
-Yes they did not all of them but we had 4 investigators at church this week, it was awesome. We had Ivan who will be baptized this weekend and also we had Randy an amazing and humble investigator in the sequoia branch area . We also had Yesena and Cassandra they also have a baptismal date its on the 27th. It's amazing, I'm so excited for this week and the miracles that lay in wait, because after investigators come to church there is always a great leap in the commitment and in their desire to grow in the gospel.

How many baptismal commitments do you have now ?Right now we have 5 people committed to be baptized to a specific date and it is great by the end of the week we want to have 8. We have to recommit two people who didn't come to church this week but I know that they will accept.

 Did you get lots of Candy  for Halloween ? Did you go trick or treating ?
- Not to much candy this year just alot of giving it out and nope, no trick or treating..... I just realized that it's my first year ever of not trick or treating because I did it last year in the MTC.

Is it still hot there ?
-Not really it's cooling down its between 60's and 70's so nice but not hot anymore

Are you riding a bike ?
-Yes, that's how we are having so much fun and success. We are only using the car to get to the towns and then riding bikes all around. This way lets us talk to everyone and it makes me feel like a better missionary because there is no barrier between me and the people I'm trying to serve.
Did you get your packages ?
-Nope I'm going to get them soon though, this week sometime.

Did you get your dear-elders ? How long has it take you to receive them  once I send them?
-Yes, I got the dear Elders they take about 2 days to get here from the when you send it..... or something like that.
Who has been writing you ? 
-Umm the Blakemores have been writing me and the Ohrans and of course you guys, hey can you ask uncle Timmy if he got my letter, cuz I sent him one like 2 months ago and I haven't heard a word, I think there are more people who have written but right now I can't remember I will write the rest next week.

Mom ,Please Thank everyone who has written  and tell them how much those letters mean to me. Tell them I'm may not be a good letter writer , but I'll try to get better. It's not that I don't want ,it's just I have so little free time.
How much money are you getting from the church per month ?  
I get 135 for food and supplies like office stuff and most of my other needs.
Any pictures in my future ?
Yes, PICTURES ARE COMING SOON!, can you please stop telling sister Ayers that I don't send any pictures I have sent you guys like 700 and the others are on there way soon, its been a year and I have taken 1017 pictures .Alright so hold on Im sending them next week I just need to print them onto CD's this week.
Alright I only have 7 mins left on my computer so I'll try to describe my week and some awesome things that happened. We had Ivan come to church and it was amazing.
Ivan is really excited to be baptized and then to be able to baptize his sister the week after. It's going to be a great site to see.

To think that Ivan is  someone that I found with my companion and see he baptized,WOW , Hooray for miracles!

So Halloween Sunday was a blast we had a great dinner with the Aro family, they are the bomb, there just always willing to help us out and do all they can for us. They are so going to the celestial kingdom. Alright then we had a spilt with the Elders Quorum presidency to be more effective because we can cover a lot more ground, but not super because it was Halloween and no one was home. So we met back at the church and didn't have anywhere else to go,so we ate leftover nachos from the day before. We talked and built a greater unity between us and the newest member of the elders quorum presidency Justin Smith .

 Dang ,I'm out of time but I'll write more next week and go into better detail sorry, it's not my fault this week. I had to do a missionary survey that took up all my time. Anyway I love you, I'm safe and I'm fully trusting in God.
I love you all
Love Elder Jason Glowa
P.s
Alright so the first 2 pictures are for mom and the last one is for you daddy in loving memory of all the fun Will Ferrell movie times. The first one is Elder Illu and I ,with our trunk of wonders, the fog had left by then..... sorry mom!

The second one is of Elder Illu and I being awesome as always.

The third one is for my daddy, its of me with "the lone wolf on my back there" "cuz I'm a lone wolf like on my back there". Hope you guys like them.


No comments:

Post a Comment