Birthday: May 20th ,1990

Friday, November 19, 2010

I'm staying in Reedley !!!!

WEEK 56 , REEDLEY , CALIFORNIA



Hola from my beautiful home of Reedley.
 
Alright first things first , mom I got my packages 2 weeks ago I just kept forgetting to tell you, sorry about that I get my packages about a week or 2 after they are sent. Life is going great .To answer one of Dads questions yes ,Elder Illu and I are getting along great and we are working hard as always.
 
So its transfer time again! And I have been freaking out a bit because I love Reedley and don't want to leave. So we got them this morning because President had literally no time this week to do them. I'll explain why in a little bit. So back to transfers I'M STAYING IN REEDLEY!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy its awesome I didn't think I would service another transfer call its awesome. I'm so happy we are going to have 12 baptisms!!!!!! The only down fall or sad part is, is that Elder Illu leaving he is going up to Pattersen, California. Which is in the north part of the mission. So I wont see him for awhile which is really sad because we have had so much fun and great times together .I know he will do great and I am so glad for the opportunity I have had to train Elder Illu.
 
I really feel like he has trained me I feel more comfortable as a missionary in my own skin , I guess you can say. My new companion is Elder Gracia. He was best friends with Elder Illu in the MTC and so I'm what is called "step-training" so I'm his second companion. It's really cool, elder Illu says I will like him and I'm really excited. Who am I kidding I'm always excited!
 
So this week we had our zone conference and guess what, yea that's right we got instructed by a 70! Elder Sybrowsky .He is awesome and guess what he served his mission in Montreal and his wife is also from Montreal and their son is serving in the Laval area right now! So according to him I'm going to the celestial kingdom (which isn't a bad thing to hear from a general authority) It was so great. He taught us how to work better and smarter by using what we have at our disposal. Man, who would have ever thought up that. Its funny what you realize when someone tells you. It's so simple and odious but its something what we over look constantly.It was great to get instruction from him and see the light in his eyes as he testified for truth. I love it ,I know for a fact that our general authorities are called of God and that they have all the rights and powers to preside and help the church grow. I am so blessed and grateful to be here, thank you for your fast I know that we will reach our goal.
 
Hey so how long have the elders been out that are in our ward right now? Anyone end up meeting Ben? Or me? 
 
As of right now we have 5 people committed for a specific date of baptism. I learned something interesting at zone conference, we have in total about 18-20 investigators we are actively teaching, 5 of which have a baptismal dates set. As I heard that I thought wow we are seeing so many miracles and are so blessed .Then Elder Sybrowskys said something that hit me to my core. It wasn't specifically to me because we all pooled are investigators and baptisms dates to see how the south end of the mission is doing. He said we are doing great but asked a very simple and direct question. "Why out of all the people you teach do only  a quarter have baptismal dates?" So Elder Illu and I pondered on this and we learned about action plans for our investigators .So we did that for every single one of them and we now know what date we are going to get them to committed for and how. I'm so excited we are going to see so many miracles this transfer!
 
I want to specifically talk about one of our investigators that means the world to me .I am so honoured and privileged to know David and Cassandra. Mom and dad they are a couple who I have taught pretty much since the first day I got to Reedley. I have seen them progress and fall .Now they are happiest people in the world, they are amazing. I love them with all my heart. I just didn't know or understand the true love that I would feel on my mission. These people are not just numbers, another notch on my baptismal belt they are people and I love them so much. I truly want to do my everything to get them baptized. We have talked with them a lot and they are ready they just need to be married. So Elder Illu and I are going to commit them for the 11 of December and it looks like we are going to have a wedding also. They are awesome, David is one of the very few truth seekers that I have found and Cassandra is just amazing always fun and in a great spirit they are truly amazing. I have seen the face of my Saviour as I have seen them smile.
 
So mom thank you for making me go early with you to all the dances and parties to help decorate .I think your interior design and planing really have rubbed off. So I can now plan and help with weddings and interior design...... of course its in a man-ly way ,but from what I hear its a good thing to have. LOL! I'm excited to use it to help David and Cassandra.
 
Dad thanks for teaching me always with your example, with patience . Teaching me to have fun and love ever part of whatever I do, if it wasn't for you I don't think I would be the missionary I am. The person who is able to connect and have fun with my investigators and members of the ward.
 
I am the way I am because of the example of righteous parents.This is as much your mission as it is mine. I always hear from everyone I meet that " I love the way you talk about your parents ,I can see that you have alot of love for them and they for you" I am so happy and blessed beyond words, thank you, thank you thank you. For making me the Elder Glowa I am today a reality.  I love you all that thank you for everything.
 
Love Elder Jason A. Glowa
 
P.s.
Alright so this week I will be writing Vava and uncle mike and Grandpa glowa to thank him for serving and keeping our country safe. Hey can you tell Paulline and Merr and everyone else that I have  written them back, thank you!
 
P.p.s.
Alright Christmas time..... hmmmmmm.......... Can I get like 3 short sleeves ,18 neck white shirts because my white shirts are have are turning off white. Oh and also 1 long sleeve shirt . And maybe a new belt. I think that's about it ,thats all I need. Oh and anything cool you want to send me from Concordia like a t-shirt or hat or what ever. And some more syrup , and cheese kerds please. That's all I want/need from Santa, so thank you in advance.
 
P.p.p.s
Mom I'm making a cd copy of everysingle picture that I have taken so far on my mission which is 1222 so im sending them either this week or next week so.... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!1

No comments:

Post a Comment