Birthday: May 20th ,1990

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!!!


Hey Everyone,

I am really strapped for time today so I will keep it short because I'm calling home on Sunday anyway. So any question can and will be answered then, I promise just ask and I will answer.

In some amazing news, we had a mission conference this past week and it was amazing because we were instructed by Bishop Burton and Elder Snow of the 70. It’s amazing, we almost met Elder L. Tom Perry but he was doing a meeting after with the stake presidents and bishops. So I just missed him. It’s alright though because something I have really learnt is that you don't have to see them to know they are called of God. We received great instruction and insight; I have taken some thoughts to apply to my teaching. I’ll explain more on Sunday because I will have my notes with me. A lot of it was talking about after mission things and I had a realization that it is alright to go home. For months I have been with older missionaries and seeing my friends leave and I keep thinking how I don't want to leave. I still don't but I realize that if I don’t go home, it is because of my selfishness. This is a season of my life and it will end, that's what they say at least. But I'm starting to accept it little by little.

Anyway, the reason a lot of this has come about is because Elder Bryant as well as a bunch of my missionary friends have left today to the big transfer in the sky. My trainer Elder Machen went home today too. It is really weird. I am starting to feel really old. Anyway, my companion is gone now and so tomorrow on transfer day I will get Elder Constantino. He is my new companion and a new Zone Leader so it will be fun to learn and grow together.

I have a lot of high hopes for the next transfer, I am excited to continue to work and have fun. This area is amazing and the members here are great. I know the work is about to boom because the miracle is right around the corner; I just have to keep going.

So with having 2 stakes by 2013 that means a lot of baptisms have to happen. So that means a couple of things. You need to start giving the missionaries referrals and also going out on team ups with them. That is the only way to better the work. The great investigators and the ones that last are ones that missionaries receive from members. So help out mom and dad, both of you have a great missionary spirit and I know you will do great things. Thank you so much for everything! I have to get going but I will call you on Sunday between 1:00 and 2:00 my time so be ready.

I love you all and thank you for everything!

Love Elder Jason A. Glowa

P.s.
Tell grandma Glowa I love her and happy birthday and a happy anniversary (tell that to grandpa to please.) And also to all my moms and grandmas can you tell them I say Happy Mother’s Day. Thank you.

P.P.S
Mom I know I want you to wish others happy mothers day but I want you to get a very special one. You are my mom and are one of the most important people in my life. I love you and will always love you. Remember I may be 3000 miles away but I'm always on the couch in spirit.
    Love Elder Jason A. Glowa
Talk to you on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment