Birthday: May 20th ,1990

Friday, December 17, 2010

Let the Good Times Roll... Week 58


Hola everybody,

So my life is amazing right now, I don't think even Santa could give me better gifts then the ones I am seeing right before my eyes. It is crazy I am seeing the great harvest of the last hours of the year in my beautiful area. I love this area so much! I just can't believe that I have been blessed to be here for 5 months now. I am so happy all the time, this is really my home, and I truly feel that way. The members here are amazing and we have so much great support, and the investigators, oh my goodness, they are out of the world prepared for the gospel. I can't think of anything I would rather be doing right now then this.  If only I could put into words the feeling and the gratitude I have to my Savior, I really feel like Moroni when he states in the book of Ether, about his lack of ability to write as great as the brother of Jared. Well I guess in two weeks I can tell you over the phone.  So I have no idea what time I’ll be calling.

Tell the Hammonds that I miss them too. They are the best! I still remember risk and making comics for them when I was a kid, man that seems like yesterday but it was years ago.

We had lunch yesterday with the Aro family and I was showing them my picture book that you sent me last year and I forgot that there was the lederhosen picture, anyway needless to say after explaining myself and well my mom and her ideas of cute and funny I have finally come to terms with that picture and now accept it as a part of my life. Just thought you should know that mom so that you don't think I’m sad or embarrassed of my childhood.

As for uncle Mike deciding or predicting my future, I have kind of already decided what I need to do and what I’m going to do. I know that that’s really vague but just ask me about it over the phone and ill explain more. But in short I have decided to go to BYU Provo after my mission as per what I’m going to do, I’ll tell you in 2 weeks on Christmas just remember to remind me.

Oh just some random info that you would probably like to hear just because I know you guys. The work here in the area is about 60 percent English and 40 percent Spanish. My Spanish is pretty good; I can understand basically everything and express what I want to both about the gospel and normal conversation. I still have a ways to go before being fluent in the language but I’m trying my best and it’s really paying off. My companion Elder Gracia is the Mexican shorter version of me. We are a lot alike which makes it a lot of fun. So I am pretty much adopted into like every family in the Reedley ward and Sequoia branch. It’s so awesome. Yesterday, sister Aro told me that Hunter (their 12 year old) said that when I leave, he is going to cry because I’m part of the family.
It warms my heart to feel such love from the members and to be roped in and loved.

We are having another baptism this weekend for one of our investigators Aimee Garcia. She is awesome and is really ready for her baptism. I am really excited, we are seeing so many miracles and I really don't think I deserve them all, the Lord always knows what to give us and of course when to give it to us. In the mission we are burning the midnight oil and using every single thing, basically pulling out all the stops to reach our mighty goal of 1200! We have received the greatest council and direction and are now ready to baptize. We have been charged and committed to commit everyone we see to baptism! That’s right everyone; that means everyone we are teaching to basically every single street contact. A scripture reminds me of what we are doing in our mission. It’s of my 2 favorite missionaries Alma and Amulek its Alma 16:21. AMAZING!

This week we have been working as hard as possible and are seeing a lot of great things we have been preparing Aimee for her baptism and also have all the paper work and everything done for Robbie Nielsen’s baptism. I feel so amped; it’s amazing! We need to keep working and proclaiming the gospel, as it is right now I am really bothered by the fact that I need to sleep. I mean think about it, that’s 8 hours every day that I can't teach or talk to people. I wish I could just not need sleep and teach 24/7; all day everyday, that would be so amazing. But rules are rules and I have to sleep and eat. I have really learned how much the mortal body holds you back, holy talito. Getting tired and hungry and all that nonsense... I wish I could over come it all and still be at 100 percent to teach but I need to put fuel in the tank or I don't work as well as I would.

The week has just been a normal week other then that, one miracle I want to share really quick because time is almost up. On Sunday we went and contacted a referral in the Sequoia area named Bill Yeager who is basically the coolest guy I have ever met. He is so fun and open to the gospel and really loves the church a lot; he has had the opportunity to hear missionaries before but didn't go through with baptism. Yesterday we were with brother Aguilar our new Ward mission leader (Yea Brother Holladay got released, I was so shock it was like the room was spinning. I now know that I really don't do well with shocking news. Needless to say, I’m sad but happy at the same time because brother Holladay was like the best ward mission leader ever but I know that brother Aguilar will be great and that the lord needs brother holladay’s ‘amazingness’ elsewhere in the Church) Anyway, so Brother Aguliar bore a powerful testimony of his conversion story and everything and with that and Bill being 100 % golden, we commited him to baptism for the 26th and he accepted!  We are so excited and know that Heavenly Father is watching over all this work.

Christ lives he is our king and we owe everything to him and the father. I proclaim of his truth and glory and do it boldly and without fear because I know why I’m here. I love you all and thank you for everything!

Love Elder Jason A. Glowa

P.s.
Here is my letter to president.

Hello president,
This week we had heard of the commitment to commit everyone to baptism so we have been trying to apply that in inviting everyone. We were able to see a great miracle last night as we went and contacted a man named Bill Yeager (who we got as a referral from one of the members in the Sequoia branch) He has been prepared and wants to be baptized. We have set his date for the 26th of December and he is so excited for his baptism! On Friday we are having a baptism for Aimee Garcia and she is really excited for her baptism. I know that the Lord is working his mighty miracles in our area. Our less actives are not making to much progress but our recent converts are doing great. For the most part, they are coming to church and doing very well. My studies have been very fruitful and amazing; I am really diving into the Book of Mormon and seeing all the great principals that can help my investigators come unto Christ and be perfected in him. Thank you for all you do President

P.p.s.
My two favorite book of Mormon scriptures are: 1 nephi 22:24-26 and Ether 12:4 and to give you a third one (because I’m awesome like that) Alma 26 11-12.

No comments:

Post a Comment