Birthday: May 20th ,1990

Friday, July 2, 2010

This is Elder Glowa Reporting from Coalinga california.

                    WEEK 39 ..... From COALINGA , CALIFORNIA


Hola Familia
This is Elder Glowa Reporting from Coalinga california.
Alright that's enough formal stuff. So how are you all doing? From the emails I get I guess everything going great and life continues to move forward despite the fact that I'm not there..... just kidding!!!
Ok so this week Elder Eagar and I really wanted to reach the standard for excellence and help out the district get excited for Church tours so we pushed and stretched and were able to do it we got our standard for excellence of 3 member tours and we exceeded the required 2 tours to a non members because and got 3! We have seen many great miracles and I know that it is only because we have stayed diligent and are doing what the Lord needs of us.
So here in Coalinga it's about 100 or so and let me tell you biking in heat is not the most fun I've ever had, but its so worth it, I have really learned as the week has goten progressively hotter to appreciate the small things in life, like a fan. Who ever invented that must have been the smartest person ever! LOL!!
We have had a really solid week and have been seeing alot of progress in not only our investigators but in our less actives also. The people here are so amazing and really want to learn and grow with the gospel.
On Tuesday we were able to to see one of our really progressing less actives sister Crawford. She is super cool and is really growing in the gospel. She is coming to church regularly now and even her kids are excited to come to church. She is really doing all she can to progress in the gospel and is just seeing the Lord bless her life more fully. Also on Tuesday we were able to teach that one person who called us 2 weeks ago for a dvd and explain what the book of Mormon and all that is in it. She is a little more curios then anything else but she is beginning to understand more and more.
Wednesday was district meeting which is always fun and because I've always been the companion of a district leader ,I already know what's going on before it happens. I got a great surprise that day when my trainer pulled up to drop off packages for the meeting. It turns out that he's a zone leader in Visalia  ,so it was really great to see him again. I went on an exchange with Elder Black after the meeting till Thursday and working with him I was able to see an amazing veteran at work, this is his last transfer as a missionary and I was able to find learn really great things from him. We are basically the same person, I hope that I can keep the fire  burning bright until the end of my mission as he did. For a while I have been thinking that I am to happy or act to excited at the simplest things but it's been a really blessing to know that I'm not really changing just getting refined and made better. I'm like the 6 million dollar missionary. (in Canadian dollars ,so it's cooler LOL!)

The past 2 days have been a really big push for our church tours and we have been able to get them and help Jessie Soto prepare for her baptismal date on the 4th of July. We have had non stop fun and sweat as we have been working hard and i know that it is such a blessing to be able to do this work. I'm so glad I decided to go on a mission. What a blessing it is in my life and all of the amazing people and companions and missionaries I have been able to meet. I LOVE IT .

This is such a great work and even though I'm in the US of A I know this is where I belong. I know that this is my mission and that even though going to another country would have been amazing I know this is were I'm need the most. I have taken so much joy in reading and re-reading my patristical blessing, I love it. I am able to learn and grow so much by reading it. This gospel, makes me so happy, I can't help it but always have a smile on and its because I can feel the fire burning bright! It will always burn bright because that is what is needed and that is just the way it is. Don't let the fire go out, keep feeding it and all will be well. All righty then, I'll talk to you all next week. Thanks for everything!
Love Elder Jason Glowa
P.s.
Umm if you could get me a Portugal cap when they win FIFA that would be awesome! And any cool nik-naks you think ill like mom, your good with knowing that.
P.P.S
I put my head together with some of the elders in my zone and final figured out what I am and why I'm so big and hairy. I am the one and only rare Canadian Missionary Bear. Pretty cool, eh. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment