Birthday: May 20th ,1990

Saturday, June 19, 2010

                   WEEK 36  ( 9 months !!!!)  from COALINGA , CALIFORNIA


Hola Everyone,
 
So this week we were able to help out the ward with baptisms in the Temple, and it was awesome. It was a great time but I wish we could have been out working. The ward I'm in now doesn't have that many people or priesthood. It's about the size of a larger branch. Anyway most of the ward members have been here on and off because summer vacation just started up so everyone's going on vacation and what not.
Man, being a missionary is great you are so detached from the world it's amazing. This is true freedom. I finally realized that this is true joy and freedom. I don't have to care about anything other then the eternal welfare of my investigators! Its amazing and I am so glad for this great experience, I am growing so much and what is even greater is that I'm able to see the progression of people to eternal life.I have seen the greatest miracles that Heavenly Father can give, which is that change of heart. As we listen to the spirit and do all we can to progress He changes our heart for us and makes it better. He does this because it will make us happy. I'm so glad for the opportunity to see this change of heart in people.
This week we were able to commit two of our Heavenly Father's children to baptism. It is an older couple that we are working with, the Ramirez family. They are so amazing and are some of the sweetest and most kinda people I have ever met. It is such a great blessing to know them and have them in my life. My companion Elder Eagar is really great, he has been on his mission for about 20 months so he knows how to be quietly dignified and has that great experience that keeps making me better. I need to be better, I know that I'm a good missionary but I still have so much to learn .I wish that I could just stop time and learn how to be a perfect missionary then keep going and do the very best I can.
I know that the Lord puts us where we can do the most good so even though I'm learning I know that I'll learn the most here and be the best I can for the people and my companion. Everything is going great and I can't wait to see the great miracles that will happen this week. Alright, that's all for this week, hope that I can hear from you next week.
 
Love Elder Jason Glowa
 
P.s.
(For DAD)
HAPPY FATHERS DAY! I'm saying is now because next email you get will be after it so ill write it again then but till then. HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Elder Glowa, I've enjoyed reading your updates, hearing about your experiences and seeing how much you're growing. You mentioned this week that you wish you could stop time so that you could learn how to be the "perfect missionary". If you're doing your best (and I'm sure you are), then you already are the perfect missionary. We can never be as perfect as we'd like, but if we are putting out our best effort, then Heavenly Father will take care of the rest. Hope you're doing well and keep up the great work! Love Sister Nancy Gagnon

    ReplyDelete