Birthday: May 20th ,1990

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

WEEK 32 ........ LINDSAY, CALIFORNIA


Hola!
 
Ok so first off, thank you so much for the birthday wishes! It's hard to believe that I'm going to be20 in 3 days ,where does the time go?
And second off BEN'S GOING TO ITALY!!!!!! Honestly that has made my day, I'm so glad he got his mission call and I know that he is going to do awesome work there. Miracles are something that can be seen in any mission.
I have 2 miracle stories that I want to share today in the spirit of missionary awesomeness. Ok so the first person is Isaac and he is the definition of Golden. We took him on a church tour and he is going to be baptized the 28th of May! We are so blessed to have this miracle in our area and we know that we really had nothing to do with it. We followed the Spirit and it really is the only thing that converts people and changes there hearts.
The second story just happened today. As we were going to district meeting today we got a call from one of the members asking us what we were up to. As we were talking she told us that one of her friends had Cancer, a and that he was looking for spiritual enlightenment, and specifically asked for the LDS missionaries. So not only are we going to teach him but his whole family wants to learn and grow with this as well. We are setting up a time to meet with the whole family and I know that this is so amazing! The Lord is literally placing people in our path because we are doing all that we need to. He is blessing us with all that he can. Our unity and area is on fire! I love it, we are going to work harder then we have ever worked before. There is something about Miracles that makes you want to be better to receive more. And Miracles happen like this because this is the Lords work, the only thing that is done by missionaries is that we go out and try and be 100 percent obedient and teach with the spirit and when all is said and done, the work moves forward and the Lord blesses us.
It is only through him that all this comes to pass. In reality missionaries do very little, sure the stuff we do maybe hard at times but there is a great tendency to boast about ones own skills and that pride is what takes away the blessing of Heaven that we need so badly. I am often reminded of the account of Ammon when he boasts of his God and I know that it is true all things can be done with Him, we have to let Him work through us. I feel really strongly about bearing my testimony to you to I declare with Job "I know that my redeemer liveth!" It's true, I cannot deny it, I am a witness of Him, sent forth to show the people in Lindsay that he lives.
Like wise Ben will soon be set apart and the mantle will be placed on him also, we are His witnesses and His light shines through us. There is nothing more to say other then thank you mom and dad for raising us in truth, because of your righteous concealing with our Father in Heaven ,Ben and I have been able to grow up strong and true. Thank you for everything. I love you with all my heart.
 
Thank you for your prayers and love.
Love Elder Jason Glowa
 
 
P.S. I have taken more pictures I guess it couldn't hold more then that . I'll make a CD of my newer pictures and send though to you.  I haven't goten the packages yet, I may get them on my birthday because that's when we have presidents interviews. Let me  were Kameron goes on his mission !!!

1 comment:

  1. I've been checking out this blog for a while now and finally I just have to make a comment. Congratulations on your call and on all the work that you are doing down there. What a great area to spend a little down time guy.....tough call eh.....
    From what I'm reading and seeing here, you are doing what needs to be done and that is great. I always knew that you would have it in you. We never interacted that much, but I saw that in you way back when. You and your brother are a credit to your parents. Great folks and great friends. The end result of their work are you and Ben. What more can I say. The proof that this Church works if we do what we promised we would do. The proof is in the pudding so to speak. Anyway, you don't need the advice so I will not give it. You know what needs to be done, so keep up the good work. The Lord will bless you for the remainder of your life, just ask your Dad. Love ya guy, and take care. Looking forward to seeing you after your mission. Should be great touching base and sharing war stories. As a former Ward Mission Leader way back when, I have had lots of great conversatiions with great missionaries like yourself. Atta go.....Catch ya later
    Bro. Williams

    ReplyDelete