Birthday: May 20th ,1990

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

WEEK 22 ..... March 16th ,2010 ..... LINDSAY , CALIFORNIA
 ........... First week in Lindsay.........



Hola everyone
I'm writing to you from Lindsay and well its amazing! I love it here, I still miss Madera a little but I guess it comes with the work. My new companion Elder Larson is awesome!!! He is a great missionary and very obedient, we are striving everyday for 100% obedience, its amazing to see the blessings that come from doing it.
Lindsay is a really, really small town, I love it, because we bike all the time it takes about 15 mins at an easy pace to get from one end of the city to the other. It is small and powerful, the ward has an amazing retention so the converts are getting the higher priesthood. It is such a blessing to witness the truthfulness of the gospel. The church tours are an amazing tool here, the members are always willing and on call and we have already goten 2 baptismal dates from it.
Lets see, ummm ok so some of the miracles that I have seen being here was on the first day here we were driving down the street and a man waves us down and says he is less active and needs to repent so we give him the number of the bishop and he meets with us a couple of days later in the church and we watched Finding Faith in Christ. Honestly it was one of the most spiritual lessons that I have ever taught, here was a man completely moved to tears by the spirit and it was reinforced by our testimonies and the spirit of the building. It is amazing to see the tender mercies of the Lord.
We are  also teaching a seventh day adventist and he is one of the coolest guys ever, very passionate about the scriptures and down to earth, he and is girl friend are amazing people, the people here in Lindsay are so ready for the gospel it's not funny, this town is small but powerful.
We are not doing super good with finding new investigators though, that's something that we have to work on. This week we are going to do everything, and sacrifice what ever the Lord needs us to do so that we can find the people in Lindsay to hear this amazing message which we have. Honestly I cannot picture myself doing anything else right now, this is the greatest experience in the world. I'm so happy I could pop , it's weird. I'm just excited all the time to talk to everyone and to teach and go out and work, this is the Lords work and he has trusted me with a apart of the world to work and bear fruit. I have officially been on my mission for over 5 months know which is super crazy! I can't believe it. I only have 19 months left ,it's a horrible thought but time is running out. That's all for this week, sorry to write you late but in Lindsay the library is closed on Mondays so we write on Tuesday so for the next five weeks you'll be hearing from me every Tuesday. I love you all!
 
Love Elder Jason Glowa
 
p.s. I hate daylights savings time!
                    p.s.s. Congratulate Mat and Genn on their sealing !!!!! That's awesome !!!
                    
                    p.s.s.s. Congratulate Patricia and Kyle on the birth of their baby !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment