Birthday: May 20th ,1990

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

October 27 ,2009

Hey Mom, Dad, and Ben!

Its that time of week again :D I get to write you!!! The MTC is sweet I'm loving it so much I have the greatest friends in the world. Ummm this week was a little hard, tell Ben that even though you go into the MTC your still not safe from the adversary. He will always be beating on the saints..... especially the Lords missionaries. He uses ourselves against us and tries to make us dwell on the past. But something I learned is that if God would have wanted us to look back on ourselves all the time he would have made eyes in the back of our head.

The branch president in the mission is amazing he is truly called of God. They have so much power its amazing. I am no longer beating myself up and doubting myself, I am moving forward because that is the way you can punch Satan in the face and win. Awesome and yes you guys can quote me on that its so true , remember the past and learn and grow but don't dwell because if the Lord has forgiven you why can't you? I understand that we go through these times to strengthen us. I am fully committed to this work and this gospel I love being a missionary so much!!!!! Speaking from experience tell Ben to take every opportunity to share the gospel because it becomes on of the ways that Satan makes you beat yourself up, he uses the knowledge of our missed opportunities. So go out, do not be afraid because this is the only thing that matters. This gospel is for everyone so we must proclaim it from every corner, every street, and with every opportunity that Jesus is the Christ , we have the only true faith there is no maybes or tip toeing. This is true in Eph. 4:5 the Lord proclaims One Lord, One Faith , One Baptism! so that is why we must share what we have because we are the only way that some people will get to come to learn of the truth.

Never be afraid to stand as a witness in all places, the Lord will give us the strength when we need it. The one thing I wish that I would have done is whenever someone talks down of God or Christ you must stand and shout in the name of Christ that they must repent and know that He is almighty and all powerful. Go forth and exhort, but remember to do it all in love because God is love so that is how we must show the word the truth. Through love and exhorting. I focused on Alma 37-38 this week its amazing the councel that Alma gives his sons.

I really went off on a tangent there SORRY :P But I want you to know that its all true and its what we must do.... the Prophets say every member a missionary. So even though I'm set apart to do this work you still have the Lords power to do this mighty work and wonder. I really have no time this week, so I'll write more later. But I want you to know that I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!I miss you but I'm starting to not, don't take this as a bad thing its because I'm thrusting myself into the work of the Lord and he is moulding me into the man that I should be.

Be happy because I'm safe and happy and loving every minute of this.
Rejoice because Jesus is the Christ and we have the only true power on the earth today to proclaim is word and save our brothers and sister from the evil one, who is Satan.

Go forward not dwelling on the past be like the anti Nepali Lehi's and bury you swords leaving them in the past were they belong.

PLEASE THANK EVERY ONE THE WROTE ME , TELL THEM THAT THEIR LETTERS MEANT MORE TO ME THAN I CAN SAY. THIS FIRST WEEK WOULD HAVE BEEN SO MUCH HARDER WITHOUT THIER AND LOVE AND SUPPORT . I wish I had more time so I could write everyone . Please thank uncle Mike and Auntie M for the cookies and the cake.With all the Love of my heart

With all the Love of my heart

Elder Jason Glowa

3 comments:

  1. Jason...just a note to say Hi...and to let you know how proud I am of you. Your commitment to your faith is incredible - and I wish you strength as you journey on this chosen path.

    Somehow, these lyrics seemed appropriate:
    "Doesn't matter where you go, I guarantee
    Long as we hold our ground
    We cannot be bound
    We're shaking the past, making our breaks
    Taking control if that's what it takes
    Heaven helps the man who fights his fear
    We can face it down right now, right there"

    Fight the good fight - the one that really matters!

    Take care and keep in touch.
    With affection,
    Ms. Harper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Elder Glowa,

    I don't know you too much but after reading your inspiring letter it makes me wish that I had a second son to send on a mission! I only had 1 son Jonathan and he served in France-Toulouse 2003-2005.

    You should be very proud to be doing the Lord's work full-time in a missionary capacity. I'm sure that your parents are extremely proud to have you out there too, especially your Mom!

    Sis. Denise McDonald,
    Cornwall Ward

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Elder Glowa! We're sad we weren't in Montreal to bid you farewell, but we want you to know that you're loved and in our prayers. We're so proud of you and your decision to serve a mission and know what a fantastic missionary you'll be! Go get 'em!

    Keep the faith!

    Lots of love,
    The (Kevin) Olsons :)

    ReplyDelete